Tuesday, May 4, 2010

HEALTH: Tips from a Body Builder

Well, this blog cannot survive as just a purely technical blog. Especially not with me as an author. A month ago I bought a Venus Fly Trap; today I was considering buying a Mango Tree to grow in a Hardiness Zone 5 region and was thinking about learning Bonsai techniques so I can prune a large Nam Doc Mai Mango into a size able to be grown in a container. My point is, my brain does a lot more than think about technical things and my wife is loving and patient enough to let me entertain some of my weird passions/hobbies. Heck, last week I freelanced as a second photographer for a friend of mine who is a professional wedding photographer!

So, while cleaning up some files on my computer, I found a document I jotted down some notes in from 2 years ago. My cousin's husband was visiting America for a Body Building competition and stayed with us for a few days. He gave me some great tips on how to get in shape and get definition in my body. I do go to the gym a few times a week and martial arts occasionally, so this advice might have stood a chance of being followed, but my laziness won over and I have never actually followed his "plan to bodily perfection". However, I will share it here so this jewel of information is not lost and perhaps someone will benefit from it.

Morning
--) 2 eggs (whites only)
--) Oatmeal or potatoes for carbs
All meals
--) Avoid fried or oily foods but anything is good
Sweets
--) Sweets are okay during day
--) No sweets after 6pm
Nighttime
--) Eat protein before sleeping
--) No sweets
--) Avoid carbs (can eat but very little)
Working out
--) 30 min to 1 hour before workout
~~~~~) Whey protein prior to strength training
--) Immediately after workout
~~~~~) 5 tablets of Amino Acids
~~~~~) 5 gram scoop in water of Glutamine
--) 3 times a week, cardio
--) Massage muscles often
--) Sauna every 15 days (jump in cold water immediately after)

No comments:

Post a Comment